Sunday 29 April 2012

Current website

I designed this website a few months ago and asked a friend to code the site as I only knew the basics of HTML and CSS. I kept the design simple to try and draw more attention to the work with a monochrome colour scheme with a deep red / orange (#c62d2d) as the colour for links etc. Although I am pleased with this site, I am looking forward to coding my own for this module - it would be nice to refresh it.


The index page features all my portfolio pieces which can be viewed when scrolled down. I included a header and brief description with a link out towards the right with an entire project list on the left below the logo. The navigation is situated at the top to the right of the logo. After feedback from 1910 regarding my website (here), I made the thumbnail images clickable too.



When the user scrolls, the projects are hidden by an invisible header so the logo and main navigation are easily accessible - this is also the same for the main project pages.



The portfolio pages feature a description on the project with a possible link out to further info. All the images use the same width to keep the site consistent and so the images are user-friendly on different computer sizes. 




The 'About' and 'Contact' pages simple feature text and links out to other social media sites - currently Twitter and Tumblr but hopefully this will expand.



These screenshots are the HTML and CSS coding. Currently, I have to manually add each project individually and as each page is separate, I also have to add a new link out to the project in the project list making it a fairly monotonous task to add new work or delete old work.


No comments:

Post a Comment