Monday 23 April 2012

Wash Design Placement

As soon as I arrived, I was briefed on an ongoing project for a construction company who required a design for their tender application for the council. To keep it consistent with previous designs, they wanted an iconography set to form the councils logo. As Tom (one of the designers) knew I previously designed icons, he decided to hand me this project which I was really pleased about.

Over the next few days (4 day placement altogether) I created some more icons / illustrations for Wash Design's promotional materials using the same abstract aesthetic as IBM's icon designs. I was also given a brief where I was required to create a logo for a social enterprise project. Once completed, I then applied these to mountboards in preparation for a client meeting.

I am unsure whether I can show any of the designs I created so I will leave it for the time being but overall, it was great to work on live projects within a short timescale as it ensured I was motivated and proactive. I was able to explore a range of possible design ideas and ask them any questions regarding their practice. It was extremely insightful and they offered me a placement over summer but I think due to travel and cost, I don't think I will be able to do it which is unfortunate but I really appreciated the fact they offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment